Programs & Events
“Using Behavioral Economics Concepts to
Teach the Maryland Personal Finance Standards”
Earn One MSDE CPD
An Institute for Grades 3-12 Teachers
Saturday, April 6, 2019
9:30 am – 3:30 pm
Location: Towson University, Stephens Hall
- You must purchase and read the book, Predictably Irrational, by Dan Ariely which is available on Amazon.com before our class on April 6th.
- On April 6th, participants will receive five (5) questions based on the book and class experience. Participants must email back their responses to the five questions no later than Friday, May 3, 2019
Participants will receive:
- 1 MSDE Credit (Participants much read book and attend all day on April 6th in order to receive credit.)
- Lunch (Feel free to bring your lunch or the Student Union has a number of affordable lunch options and is a short walk or drive from Stephen’s Hall.)
- There is free parking near Stephen’s Hall.
To register go to: www.econed.org/workshops
Deadline to register is March 22, 2019
A.P. Micro & Macro Test Prep Teacher Workshop!
Saturday, April 13, 2019
A.P. Micro AND A.P. Macroeconomics teachers,
Are you tired of the same old test prep for the A.P. Exams?
Are you interested in hearing about upcoming changes to the A.P. exams?
Are you new to A.P. Micro & Macro and looking for an opportunity to find out how best to navigate the A.P. exams?
Are you a veteran A.P. teacher interested in sharing or hearing about BEST Test Prep Strategies
From fellow A.P. Micro & Macro educators? Then, join us for …
Give me a “High FIVE”!
When: Saturday, April 13, 2019
Where: Towson University, 8000 York Road, Towson, MD. @ Stephen’s Hall.
Time: 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
To Register: www.econed.org/workshops
Deadline to register: March 29, 2019.
Questions: Contact Karen Kokernak, Associate Director, email@example.com
- Teachers, please bring ONE test prep or lesson/activity/simulation to share with your colleagues.
- Teachers receive FREE teaching resources and FREE
K-5 Elementary Teachers,
Join us on May 4, 2019, for a
Fin Lit Fit BOOT CAMP
This is a FREE Elementary Teacher Institute dedicated to providing
Both content & resources to show how you can easily integrate
Economics and Financial Literacy concepts into
K-5 College & Career Ready
Social Studies, Math & ELA Curricula!
TEACHERS RECEIVE ONE FREE MSDE CREDIT & TEACHING RESOURCES!
When: Saturday, May 4, 2019, 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Where: Towson University, Stephen’s Hall
What: This is a hybrid program. This means seven hours of face- to- face content and pedagogy on May 4, 2019, and 8 hours of online work due by June 30, 2019.
Parking: Teachers have access to FREE parking
Lunch: Teachers receive a one-hour lunch break. Workshop participants are welcome to bring lunch or there are a number of lunch options nearby.
Registration Deadline is April 26, 2019.
Questions: Contact Karen Kokernak, firstname.lastname@example.org
Annual Financial Education Summit for Teachers
Tuesday, June 25, 2019
8:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Red Lion Hotel Baltimore North (Timonium)
Participants will receive:
Breakfast & Lunch
Register online at www.econed.org/summit
Register early as space is limited
Deadline: June 1, 2019