Programs & Events
“Fin Lit Fit”
is a FREE Workshop for Elementary Teachers, set to take place on
January 13, 2018
“Fin Lit Fit” focuses on teaching the
Maryland Financial Literacy Standards in Grades K-5
- This FREE workshop offers teachers the chance to earn 1 MSDE Credit
- It also offers FREE resources that address the College & Career Ready ELA Standards & Personal Financial Literacy Standards, perfect materials for teaching across the curricula!
Help your students become “Fin Lit Fit”
Consider registering today: www.econed.org/workshop
When: January 13th, 2018
Where: Towson University, 8000 York Road, Towson, MD. 21252
Time: 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Workshop participants will receive FREE lunch and FREE parking.
This is a hybrid course. Teachers attend 1 face-to-face session at Towson University, and complete 5 online modules over a 2 month period.
Please note that to receive 1 MSDE credit teachers must complete 15 hours of coursework. The online modules and face-to -face sessions equal 15 hours of coursework.
The registration deadline is January 4, 2018. The Snow Date for the face-to- face session is January 20, 2018.
For questions, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 410.704.2024
Maryland: Myths and Memories
Saturday, January 27, 2018
Fourth and Fifth Grade Elementary Teachers,
Are you looking for FREE multi-disciplinary teaching resources?
Are you interested in receiving FREE interactive & hands-on teaching activities?
Are you searching for great content from the Colonial period to the American Revolution?
Then, join us for a FREE Elementary Teacher Workshop at the Maryland Historical Society!
- Maryland Council on Economic Education
- Maryland Geographic Alliance
- Maryland Historical Society
- Towson University’s College of Liberal Arts
When: Saturday, January 27, 2018
Time: 9:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Where: Maryland Historical Society, 201 W. Monument St, Baltimore, MD. 21201
Teachers will receive:
- FREE Coffee and Donuts courtesy MCEE and MGA.
- A FREE boxed lunch courtesy of the College of Liberal Arts, Towson University.
- FREE teaching resources and publications.
- FREE parking at the Maryland Historical Society.
To register, follow this link: www.econed.org/workshop
Registration Deadline: January 19, 2018. Snow Date: February 3, 2018.
Advanced Personal Finance for the Elementary Classroom!
February 17, 2018
At Towson University, Stephen’s Hall, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
A FREE Workshop opportunity where teachers can earn ONE FREE MSDE/CPD Credit!
This course is open to teachers that have taken MCEE’s “Fin Lit Fit” or “Teaching Financial Literacy Standards in an Elementary Classroom or in Maryland Classroom”.
- Please note this is a hybrid course that involves one eight-hour face-to-face session and seven hours of independent online instruction.
- A FREE lunch is provided and FREE parking is available at the Glen Garage, a short walk to Stephen’s Hall.
- Handicap parking is available near Stephen’s Hall.
- Teachers receive all kinds of great content, pedagogy & resources!
- For questions about the course, and or eligibility to take the course, contact Karen Kokernak, email@example.com or call (410) 704-2024.
- To register, follow this link: econed.org/workshop
- A friendly reminder- to be eligible to take this course, teachers must have completed the “Teaching Personal Financial Literacy Standards in an Elementary or Maryland Classroom” or the “Fin Lit Fit Institute”.
- Deadline to register is: February 9, 2018. Snow Date: February 24, 2018