Programs & Events
Personal Finance Challenge Bowl
Maryland’s High School Personal Finance Challenge Bowl provides an opportunity for Maryland 9-12 students to demonstrate their personal finance knowledge in a fun, competitive environment. Two teams per school may participate. Students take three Personal Finance paper and pencil, content specific tests, and the four teams with the highest total scores advance onto compete in a Quiz Bowl lightning round. The 1st place High school winner may advance on to compete in the National Personal Finance Challenge sponsored by the Council on Economic Education in May 2020.
Where? Delta Hotel Hunt Valley ( 245 Shawan Rd, Hunt Valley, MD 21031 )
Transportation to the competition is the responsibility of the participants. Lunch is provided at the event.
When? March 31, 2020
How is the Challenge organized?
Teams of up to four students compete on questions based on the Maryland Financial Literacy standards from spending, credit, savings, investing income and money management. Teams take three short paper and pencil tests on specific Personal Finance topics. All teams participate in Rounds 1-3, and the four highest team total test scores advance onto compete in a “Quiz Bowl.” Two teams per school may participate.
To register contact: email@example.com
DEADLINE: March 1, 2020
Financial Literacy Summit for Teachers
June 24, 2020
8:00 AM – 3:00 PM
West Village – Towson University
Participants will receive:
- Financial Literacy materials and resources
- Opportunity to network with teachers
- Breakfast and Lunch
To hold your space, please send the information below to firstname.lastname@example.org
Grades(s) That You Teach: _______
DEADLINE: June 1, 2020
WEBINARS – Council on Economic Education – New York
- Tuesday, February 4: Edtech & Economics Grades 9-12
- Thu, February 13: Celebrating Black History Month: Picture Books featuring Strong Economic Concepts (Grades K-5
- Tue, February 18, 2020: Black History Month: Using Historical Fiction to Teach Economics (Grades 3-8)
- Tue, February 25, 2020: The Economics of Discrimination (Grades 9-12)
- Wed, February 26, 2020: Madam C.J. Walker: Revolutionary, Entrepreneur, and Business Mogul (Grades 6-12)
- Tuesday, February 11: Spicing Up Personal Finance with Tech Grades 9-12
• Thursday, February 13: Spicing Up Personal Finance with Tech Grades K-5
- Wed, March 18, 2020: Tech Based Formative Assessments for Economics and Personal Finance (Grades 6-12)